Old December 15th 04, 10:35 AM
Syke

"spongebob" wrote in message

"Peewiglet" wrote

I've been poring over the map of Scotland, but no sooner to I begin

develop an idea of where I might like to walk than I forget where it
was, because I can't begin to pronounce about 95% of the place

names.

Is it all a malignant plot to keep nesh Southerners out?

How on earth does anyone ever tell anyone else where they've been?

Or
do those in the know just make a few gutteral grunting noises and

make
it up as they go along?

Try http://www.munromagic.com/

You can click and listen to the pronunciation.

Graham

But be careful. I wouldn't know myself, but a friend's wife, who is a native
Gaelic speaker, tells me the pronunciation on this site is not very good.

Regards

Pat Macguire