Old February 13th 04, 09:49 PM
Lyle McDonald

Default Shrug Question

Jake wrote:

Sooky Grumper wrote in message ...

John HUDSON wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:19:58 -0600, Lyle McDonald
wrote:

Bruce wrote:

I usually shrug with an olympic bar in the squat rack. I saw a guy the
other day doing the same thing but picking up the bar behind his back and
shrugging it up behind his ass. What is the point of that?

you don't have to worry about the bar hitting your dick.

Now that *is* funny; how very refreshing! ;o)

Good benchers = short arms = not fun for deadlifts/shrugs

This makes sense. I have short arms. When I do barbell shrugs I have
to lean a bit so I don't bruise up my precious willy.

Is this bad for the back at all?

Define 'bad'.

Lyle