Old April 16th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default Advice on walking shoes

Phil Clark wrote:

So I decided I would look for some decent race-walking type shoes
which presumably would be optimised for track and road work. I looked
on the New Balance website and they do a huge range of walking shoes,
with shock-absorbing soles etc etc. However, none of their suppliers
in London and the South East seem to stock their walking range, only
their running shoes.

Millions of people find running shoes good for walking in. I prefer
them to the supposedly more walking specific shoes from Salomon &
Columbia that I've used but I haven't tried the New Balance ones.
There's a dealer locator on the following site which appears to be
specifically for their walking shoes.

http://www.newbalance.co.uk/walkthew...s-London.shtml