Old March 20th 06, 06:20 PM posted to misc.fitness.walking

Default Average step size

I would suggest going to a track and pacing 100 meters one way and counting
the number of steps you use.

Then reverse your direction and pace back for 100 meters again counting the
steps.

(This would take into account the wind's effect as you are going both into
it and against it)

Divide the total paces by 200 meters to get your average pace/distance.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Good answer. As an example on the height thing, my wife and I are both
5' 8" tall. My trunk is longer than hers, and her legs are longer than
mine. Same height but different step sizes.