Old March 11th 04, 07:23 AM
Peter Webb

Default Treadmill headrush?

Absolutely normal.

The first time I used the treadmill, when I got off it felt like I was
falling backwards (or the world around me was suddenly moving forwards).

Enjoy the feeling, it only happens the first few times you use the
treadmill.

"Help Me" wrote in message
om...
I used a treadmill today for the first time.
When I was done and walked off the treadmill,
I felt a "headrush" -- a disorienting feeling.

Is that normal? Or does it mean that I did
something wrong?

I walk and bike ride periodically. I tend to
walk at 4 MPH on flat terrain.

On the treadmill, I ramped up to 4.3 MPH, the
speed at which I walked for most of the time.
I used the treadmill for about 30 min. That
includes 5 min of warm-up and cool-down. I did
the cool-down manually. The "cool down" button
wanted to slow the treadmill to 1.3 MPH. I
cannot walk that slow :-). I kept myself well
hydrated during the exercise. I was not hungry
at the time I exercised.