Old August 16th 04, 12:13 AM
Trozer

(stracy5) wrote in message . com...
I am planning on changing my program from a 5-day program to the 4-day
program that follows. I also plan on only doing 1 set to failure on
each, but plan on doing normal speed reps instead of the slow reps
suggested buy HIT (but under control with good form - to absolute
failure).

My goal is a ballance of size and strength.

I currently do reps approximatly 2 sec positive / 2 sec neg.

* Should I do slow reps (2-4 sec positive / 4-6 sec neg)?

* Do you see any shortcomings in this program?

Monday
Squats
Stiff arm lat pull downs
Lat pull downs - front of head
Stiff leg deadlifts
Cable rows
Straight bar curls
Leg curls
Dumbbell curls
Calf Press

Tuesday
Bench press
Overhead press behind head
Floor press
Lateral raise
Front raise
Bent over raise
Wrist curls
Reverse wrist curls
Wrist roller

Wednesday
Rest

Thursday
Deadlifts
Stiff arm lat pull downs
Lat pull downs - back of head
Stiff leg deadlifts
Bent over rows
Straight bar curls
Leg curls
Hammer curls
Calf Press

Friday
Dumbbell bench press
Dumbbell overhead press
Tricep pushdown
Lateral raise
Front raise
Bent over raise
Wrist curls
Reverse wrist curls
Wrist roller

4-day program, and HIT don't really go together hand in hand.
Intensity and volume are polar opposites. I would be training less
often. Generally speaking though, increasing your intensity of effort
by training to failure, is moving in the right direction. Two second
positive and four second negative works for me.