Old August 16th 04, 05:06 PM
stracy5

(Trozer) wrote in message . com...
(stracy5) wrote in message . com...
I am planning on changing my program from a 5-day program to the 4-day
program that follows....

4-day program, and HIT don't really go together hand in hand.
Intensity and volume are polar opposites. I would be training less
often. Generally speaking though, increasing your intensity of effort
by training to failure, is moving in the right direction. Two second
positive and four second negative works for me.

If you look at my workout closer you will see that I am only working
each muscle group twice a week, allowing a minimum of 72 hours of rest
for each muscle group. I am using a 4-day split because I want to
perform at a high level of "effort" for a short period of time during
each workout.

I am using the HIT FAQ (
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitzap.htm )
and my own experience with weightlifting (15 years on and off -- too
much off as a basis for creating this workout. Most of the info in
the HIT FAQ made sense to me but let me know if you think it is full
of @%#!.

Most of my weightlifting existence has been just plugging away with 3x
per week full body workouts (mostly brawn and not much brain).
Recently I have gained some experience with using a high volume 5-day
workout hitting each major muscle group once a week. This has worked
well but I am not sure I can keep up the 1 hr/day 5 days a week
commitment. Also, I have been criticized for only working each muscle
group once a week.

I now want to learn as much I as I can about the science of resistance
training and try to maximize my effort/results ratio.

Please provide suggestions (e.g. Add incline bench to your
Tuesday/Friday routine; You're an idiot, do the reps slower; You are
the master, your workout is perfect .

NOTE: I am not trying to disregard Newbie Fantasy #13 (MFW is a
professional research service). I have done a lot of reading and much
of it is contradictory. I am just looking for some real opinions from
some real people that practice the art of weightlifting.

Thanks,

ST