Old September 13th 04, 07:58 PM
Hugh Beyer

(George) wrote in
m:

Hi everyone...I'm currently 5'10", 157 lbs. I recently joined a local
gym and would appreciate if someone could recommend a good
weightlifting routine for me. My goal is to pack on some muscle mass,
but I'm not looking to be huge. I'd like to have a physique which has
nice muscle definition and a little size to it. Basically, I'd like to
fill out a shirt and look great without it. I've worked out before,
but was never able to see astounding results. I know all about how
much protein I need to ingest, but what about calories overall?
Perhaps someone can provide a routine which worked for them. Finally,
what type of cardio schedule would I need to maintain?

Thanks for the help!

Check out
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html for some good alternative
programs. Ignore the "this site is for women" stuff all over, don't know how
that got there.

You could also look at HST (http://www.hypertrophy-
specific.com/hst_index.html) but that's probably better left until you've
been at it a while.

Guessing based on height and weight, you can probably afford to gain weight
while lifting for a while to put on muscle. But don't worry about it too
much for a few months--first you want to get into the groove and learn the
various exercises with good form.

Hugh

--
One puppy had its dewclaws removed in the creation of this post, but for
reasons of hygene and it really doesn't hurt them at all.