Old February 8th 05, 11:39 AM
spodosaurus

npne wrote:
"spodosaurus" wrote in message

npne wrote:

I was in the gym doing bench presses like I usually do, all the way down

the chest, and then up, when over comes this trainer and says I should

stop

when my elbows are the level of the bench and go no lower, to avoid

injuring

my shoulders. I find I can lift more this way, and also don't feel it in

my

pecs that much. Is there anything to what the trainer says, or should I

just

ignore?

If you're doing the bench presses in good form, then ignore the trainer.
They instruct people how to get a little bit fitter or feel as if
they're trying to get some exercise without actually putting in a
meaningful workout. Hard workouts drive away customers. It's usually a
good idea to ignore trainers as a general rule if you know anything at
all about weight training, because it's more than they know.

Cheers,

Ari

Thanks.

I think I remember you from bigpond.tech.*

Probably :-)

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/