Old February 28th 05, 07:38 PM
Julieanne

"SBC" wrote in
:

We recently purchased the NordicTrack CX 995 Elliptical, and we like
it very much. It's solidly built, works very smoothly, and has a lot
of useful features, including a wireless heart-rate monitor.

It has one big flaw, in our opinion, in that you can't mute (or even
reduce the volume of) the console beeps. All of the workout programs
emit beeps to alert you to various things, and it can get annoying,
especially since the machine is so quiet to begin with.

I know my answer is a little belated, but I just came across this group.
I think you would be able to at least muffle the beeps by taping over where
the sounds emenate from. Just my .02...

Ken