Old April 16th 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default Advice on walking shoes

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:57:43 GMT, Mark Thompson
[email protected]*_turn_up_the_heat_t o_reply*.com wrote:

So I'm thinking that my walking boots do not
support my feet in the right way for walking on hard, flat surfaces,
and possibly do not cushion my feet in the right way.

Consider some squidgy gel or foam insoles. They make a huge difference to me.

To be honest, I think they're probably not the right shoe for the job:
they're too flexible toe-to-heel and apart from thick rubber soles I
don't think they have any technical cushioning stuff.

I've been looking on some websites following Bill's post and I think
I'll try to get myself down to a large branch of Field & Trek and look
at the trail walking/running shoes.