Old April 17th 06, 01:53 AM posted to uk.rec.walking

Default Advice on walking shoes

"Phil Clark" wrote in message
My only problem is I am getting sore feet.

I'm a big fan of goretex type boots and approach shoes - can be like walking
in slippers.
These are nice (trainer style)
http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductDe...ProductID=7839
As are these (boot style)
http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductDe...ProductID=6705
Also have a pair of these (trainer again)
http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductDe...ProductID=2645

I've found Merrel footwear very comfortable
http://www.fieldandtrek.com/find.asp...rer_id=Merrell

Buy a half size bigger and get decent socks
http://www.fieldandtrek.com/src/TD/c...y-FOOTSOCK.htm

These trainer/boot things have nice thick soles and are really comfortable
on
tarmac or stoney ground - I used to buy traditional footwear - don't - it's
crap
this trendy looking stuff is great.

Merrell have a 'ventilator' range which I wear at work and for summer walks
.....ignore peeps who moan about goretex boots and want nice stiff leather
and hobnail soles.