Old August 6th 06, 06:31 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Pez D Spencer

Default bench press and overhead press question

this is something i've always been curious about, and i've begun
thinking about a lot since i've started bench pressing again. i
eliminated straight bar flat bench presses from my workout routine back
in 1993 because i thought it was aggravating a nerve in my shoulder.

anyway, i've added flat bench back into my routine over the past month
and my shoulder seems to be handling it just fine.

my question is this: how hard does the straight bar flat bench hit the
shoulder musculature? i know it hits my front delts hard, but does it
hit the side delts?