Old July 20th 07, 09:45 PM posted to misc.fitness.misc
sycochkn

Default (how much exercise is advisable to do a week to lose weight)

"claire" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am currently on a diet and eating healthily but am not noticing
results -is exercising 4/5times a week for half hour each day enough?

I would probably suggest walking with a heart rate monitor minimum 30
minutes once a day 20 minutes of it at 60% of your maximum heart rate based
on your age.

http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4736

That is probably optimum for fat loss vs muscle loss. More intense exercise
3 times a week is better for increasing muscle mass, therefore increasing
your metabolism. More than 60 minutes is probably a waste of time, for the
average person. The recovery time for the muscles after workout is 24 to 48
hours. I am at 60% heart rate for 40 minutes 48 hour recovery after 7 weeks
of walking.

Bob