Old March 27th 08, 05:30 PM posted to misc.fitness.aerobic
saad

Default Exercises to avoid for "High Blood Pressure" patient

Hello,

This is a research question. I am doing a project where I need to
create ontologies for exercises. One of the questions I need to answer
is

"what kind of exercise should be avoided by a person of 55 years of
age with high blood pressure?"

Overall I have tree major kinds of exercises: Aerobic, Anaerobic and
Flexibility

So far, this is what I know

1. All exercises increases blood pressure
2. Aerobic exercises needs energy from oxygen and thus needs blood
flow and thus heart gets more active. So aerobic exercises should be
avoided.

Are these correct?

What about anaerobic and flexibility exercises? can a patient do
these?

can you help me with some source?

thanks