Old May 15th 09, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Surfer!

Default OS map 5m contours

In message , Phil Cook
writes
Terry Pinnell wrote:

Dominic Sexton wrote:

I think it is just where the sheet is generally not very hilly. In
relatively flat areas 10m contours would mean almost no contours!

Which got me wondering what the largest area is on a UK OS (25/50) map
with no contours printed.

This was done in The Angry Corrie, abeit they were looking for a blank
terrestrial grid square. It then made it onto the BBC website and
other places. I think the blankest square found on OS 1:50k had a
drainage ditch and a contour.

Fenland? The Howe of Fife has a fairly blank squares as well.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x...sv=325479,7115
45&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=760&a x=325479&ay=711545&lm=0

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net