Old January 8th 18, 06:36 PM posted to rec.running
[email protected]

Default Sprinters running a mile...

On Monday, August 16, 2010 at 1:07:45 PM UTC-4, Grokman Grokman wrote:
Awl --

100 m sprinters -- purely anaerobic, right?

Do you think any of them include distance running at all, for
"crosstraining" purposes? Distance = 1 mile.

Does anyone know what people capable of a 10 sec 100m would run a mile in?

How bout distance runners running the 100m?

Intuition tells me that milers, even marathoners, would do better in the
100m than 100 m people would do in a mile -- cuz, well, they are already
traversing 100 m. huyuk
. I don't think sprinters could even *complete* a marathon, proly not even
close.

If this is true, the vast asymmetry of the two camps is inneresting....

Opinions?

--
EA