Old November 7th 03, 08:14 PM

Default Polar Chest Strap on Precor Not Working

My aparment building just installed a new gym with Lifecycle treadmills
and bikes and Precore Elyptical rainers. I have a Polar heart rate
monitor and when I wear the strap it works great on the Lifecycle
equipment but not at all on the Precor eliptcals. The elypticals do have
the hand grips and they work fine but neither of the two precors pick
up the signal. The Precor Owners book says:

Note: If a user does not wish to use the touch-sensitive hand grips, an
optional POLAR® chest strap can be purchased and worn. The chest strap
transmits the user’s heart rate to the display console’s receiver.

Just wondered if this is unique or not. This is a problem on our two
machines

thanks
jw

jw_nyc at yahoo dot com