Old July 20th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.running
Bobby

Default Spinning and ellipticals

On 20/07/2010 03:10, Michelle wrote:
I thought that they were supposed to be easier on the knees than running
is. When I run, my knees do not hurt, but I've tried those other two types
of machines within the past week when warming up before my gym workout, and
they hurt my knees; the right one more than the left. So it's the
treadmill for me when I warm up.

Hello Michelle,

I wonder if this is because of the extent to which they bend your knees?

I found exactly the same on the rowing machine.. perhaps the repeated
bending of the knee to far adds loading to the patella?

However, I wouldnt have thought the ellptical would be bad for the knee...

Bobby