Old December 26th 07, 04:58 AM posted to misc.fitness.aerobic, rec.running, alt.support.diet,alt.support.fat-acceptance, uk.rec.bodybuilding
[email protected]

Default Does eating red meat increase our height/muscle mass?

My great grandfather (who was alive when I was a child) grew up in the
slums of Greenock, Scotland in absolute grinding poverty - his
stepfather was frequently unemployed, and eventually my great
grandfather became an inmate of a charitable institution for destitute
children called a "Ragged and Industrial School".

He was 5' 3" tall as an adult, and every one of his 9 children towered
over him, even the daughters. He was tiny from protein deficiency. He
got very little in the way of milk, eggs, cheese or meat in his diet
as a child.

Lack of protein as a child = short stature.

M.