Old December 3rd 03, 05:44 AM
Paul Walker

Default Looking for Treadmill Recommendations (Australia)

Thanks for the response Peter.

That's one brand to avoid and a few things to look out for.

Paul

"Peter Webb" wrote in message
u...
Brand names are the same here as O/S, as far as I can tell.

In fact, my NordicTrack EXP 1000 XI (bought from Rebel Sports in Sydney)

was
supplied with a 110V transformer. Whilst the mechanism is good, I can't
recommend the brand:

* The heart rate monitor is proprietary, and the optional chest strap is
several hundred dollars. Get one that is Polar compatible so you can use

the
same chest strap with different machines.

* The software is poor. The pre-built programs cannot be adjusted to make
them harder or easier (eg by changing the incline). This makes them all

but
useless.

* The iFit system for external control is highly proprietary and "closed".
You have to effectively buy different programs (including music) from

iFit.

HTH

Peter Webb

"Paul Walker" wrote in message
u...
I'm looking at buying a treadmill and am looking for recommendations.

I guess what I want to know is brands to buy and brands to avoid.

I'm looking for a treadmill with electric incline and heart rate control
that will be used by me and my wife for probably 5-10 hours per week.

I'm located in Australia (Perth) so brand names may be different here.

Thanks in advance
Paul Walker