Old January 29th 05, 05:06 AM
Hobbes

In article , im2manly
wrote:

Hobbes Wrote: In article , im2manly
wrote:
-
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum, but have been lifting for a while. Any way Ihave-
a question about bench pressing. I know that if you use a archwhen you
bench you can lift alot more. My question is will i get abetter work out
by arching or by not arching? thanks-- im2manly

Define 'better workout'.

--
Keith

Well will I work my pecs better if i arch or am i just better off

notarching-- im2manly

Arching allows heavier weight to be used safely. If you are concerned with
bodybuilding and pec development I'd suggest ditching the flat bench and
doing incline benches - don't arch.

Flat benches aren't a great chest exercise, IMO.

--
Keith