Old January 29th 05, 06:28 AM
Jeff Finlayson

im2manly wrote:
Hobbes wrote:
im2manly wrote:

I'm new to the forum, but have been lifting for a while. Any way
Ihave-a question about bench pressing. I know that if you use a arch
when you bench you can lift alot more. My question is will i get a
better work out by arching or by not arching?
thanks-- im2manly

Define 'better workout'.

Well will I work my pecs better if i arch or am i just better off not
arching

Probably better by not arching. Arching reduces range of motion at
the bottom of the bench where the pecs do most of the work. But
arching allows heavier weights to be lifted. I think the former
will make a bigger difference.