Old January 1st 19, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Nick Maclaren[_4_]

Default Anyone...

In article ,
Graham Seed wrote:
On 31/12/2018 11:21 am, Peter Clinch wrote:
On 30/12/2018 18:14, Dave wrote:
On 29/12/2018 14:17, kevin wrote:

Actually finished the Wainwrights this year a few days short of 25
years.

Coincidentally I also completed the Wainwrights this year, though in
my case it took a little over 28 years. It's strange no longer having
an objective for climbing the fells, though it won't stop me...

I've managed marginally fewer than half the Munros in 30 years.* I have
done some of the more interesting ones several times, and I only tick
them if I get a view from the top.
While I am notionally collecting them, the *real* objective has always
been to have a nice time!

A quick check on my tick list reveals I only collected 24. Too many
times I found myself drawn to the likes of The Cobbler.....

As my primary interest in upland walking is for solitude, I generally
avoid such things, though I have climbed a few.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.