Old January 21st 04, 09:44 PM
KRO

Default Scottish Outdoor Access Code

"Duncan Gray" wrote in message
The version of the Scottish Outdoor Access Code published today

represents
the final stage of the process to enshrine the right of access to almost

all
land in Scotland. This is considerably better than having these rights
restricted to narrow rights of way which, in a Scottish context are almost
pointless.

Duncan, I've read your post since posting my own reply (the negative one!)
can you explain what the original problem was that required the Access
Code in the first place? I was under the impression that, under the Law,
access was freely available? The problems I've encountered have all been
about vehicle access which I've just accepted as I can (semi) understand
that point. But I've not had anyone say, "You can't go there". I'm not
referring to the foot-and-mouth situation as that was unique. The code is
not published yet, so what problems can be expected right now in Scotland
regarding access? A genuine question as I'm not sure I've got the facts of
this debate.

KRO