Old September 8th 06, 04:14 AM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Curt James

Default Fat loss through weight lifting and no cardio possible?

Robert Schuh wrote:
wrote:

Okay, I thought I knew what I was doing, but apparently not....

BACKGROUND INFO:

Male
29 years old
5'10"
29% body fat
204 lbs

2 years ago I was 185( before marriage ). I used to play basketball 1-2
times a week. Treadmill at 5.0mph-6.0mph for 20-30minutes 2-3 times a
week. Weight lifted 2-4 times a week as well. I did that routine for
about 4-5 years and always hovered around 177-185. Also at this point
id say I had a 4 pack, so I'm guessing 14-18% bodyfat?

2 years ago I got married and my physical activities just about
stopped. Tried on and off to be active, play sports again, and lift
weights, but with a hectic lifestyle I wasnt really doing much and
thusly now I am at 204lbs and 29% bodyfat.

MY PROBLEM:

I started eating about ~1300(90g of p, 150g of c, 30g of fat) calories
6 days a week and gave myself 1 cheat day. I dont have much time, so my
workout is limited. I dont do any cardio. I am trying to squeeze in 1
hour of weight lifting 4 days a week. I have done this for about 2
weeks and I feel like im getting stronger each time I go back to the
gym. Unfortunatly( or fortunaty ), I have noticed that I just gained
2lbs in the past 2 weeks.

Is this normal? Do I have any chance to lose fat this way? As long as I
create a calorie deficit I should right? What kind of progress can I
expect from this?

Thanks for any recommendations/comments!!
-kp

http://theabsdiet.com/ (the book's avilable at Wal-Mart for $10.88)
and/or any of the Clarence Bass - http://www.cbass.com/ - books as
mentioned by Schuh. Bass' diet resembles Zinczenko's recommendations to
a large degree, btw.

It is easily possible to lose fat and not do cardio. After my freshman year
in college, I got to be the fattest I have ever been in my life. I was
wearing 33" Levi's and felt like ass. I worked out in high school and
competed in 2 teen bodybuilding shows in high school, but eating all that
fattening dorm food put the weight around my belly etc. I remember seeing
that Bo Derek Tarzan movie and seeing that guy Miles O'Keefe and thinking I
wanted to get ripped like that. I went from 190 down to 150 and 4.5% body
fat from just weight training and dieting in 6 months. I was just 21, but
you can still do it at any age. I was reading those RIPPED books by
Clarence Bass and was an absolute lunatic with my diet. I NEVER cheated. I
guess I did small amounts of cardio as I would always take stairs instead
of elevators etc., but I never spent time running or any other standard
cardio stuff. I initially thought that is where I wanted to stay, but at
that point I started to increase my calories with all clean foods and went
from 150 to 170 in 8 weeks and stayed at the same body fat %. At that
point, I tried my first cycle of Steroids. It was VERY mild, 200 mg/week of
Deca and 10 Anavar/day. I went from 170 to 190 in weeks. I added a bit of
fat as I now was hooked line and sinker into getting bigger for
bodybuilding. To this day I still tell people who want to get into shape to
get down as lean as they can and then start to add calories to come back up
with muscle. It takes dedication in the gym, but still, diet is about 90%
of the battle. Good luck on your endeavor.

Rob

Holy crap! A positive and informative post by one Robert Schuh.
Fantastic if nearly unbelievable. Why, I'll bet goYankees69 at hotmail
dot com isn't even your REAL NAME!

Robert Schuh
snip

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/