Old September 8th 06, 12:41 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
lifterwench

Default Fat loss through weight lifting and no cardio possible?

"Curt James" wrote in message
oups.com...
Robert Schuh wrote:
wrote:

snip

http://theabsdiet.com/ (the book's avilable at Wal-Mart for $10.88)
and/or any of the Clarence Bass - http://www.cbass.com/ - books as
mentioned by Schuh. Bass' diet resembles Zinczenko's recommendations to
a large degree, btw.

My Walmart did not have it, Amazon did it was $10.85.

It is easily possible to lose fat and not do cardio. After my freshman

year
in college, I got to be the fattest I have ever been in my life. I was
wearing 33" Levi's and felt like ass. I worked out in high school and
competed in 2 teen bodybuilding shows in high school, but eating all

that
fattening dorm food put the weight around my belly etc. I remember

seeing
that Bo Derek Tarzan movie and seeing that guy Miles O'Keefe and

thinking I
wanted to get ripped like that. I went from 190 down to 150 and 4.5%

body
fat from just weight training and dieting in 6 months. I was just 21,

but
you can still do it at any age. I was reading those RIPPED books by
Clarence Bass and was an absolute lunatic with my diet. I NEVER cheated.

guess I did small amounts of cardio as I would always take stairs

instead
of elevators etc., but I never spent time running or any other standard
cardio stuff. I initially thought that is where I wanted to stay, but at
that point I started to increase my calories with all clean foods and

went
from 150 to 170 in 8 weeks and stayed at the same body fat %. At that
point, I tried my first cycle of Steroids. It was VERY mild, 200 mg/week

of
Deca and 10 Anavar/day. I went from 170 to 190 in weeks. I added a bit

of
fat as I now was hooked line and sinker into getting bigger for
bodybuilding. To this day I still tell people who want to get into shape

get down as lean as they can and then start to add calories to come back

up
with muscle. It takes dedication in the gym, but still, diet is about

90%
of the battle. Good luck on your endeavor.

Rob

Holy crap! A positive and informative post by one Robert Schuh.
Fantastic if nearly unbelievable. Why, I'll bet goYankees69 at hotmail
dot com isn't even your REAL NAME!

Robert Schuh
snip

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/