Old May 27th 17, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.walking
Graham Seed[_3_]

Default Scottish mountains - how on earth can anyone pronounce them?

On 27/05/2017 9:44 AM, wrote:
Larik groo. The pass of Drew.

You say that but English is much worse. My German friend pointed out
that the German language was fairly easy to follow as it was logical
whereas English was a minefield, demonstrated when we were on the
Worcester and Birmingham canal - as we passed a foreign couple on a boat
going the other way they shouted out that 'Wer-chester' was a lovely place!

Gaelic is fairly logical too once you know the rules.

Graham