Old September 3rd 03, 02:13 PM
MJuric

Default lap counting

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:40:28 -0700, "DaKitty"
wrote:

MJuric wrote in message ...
On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:59:10 GMT, "Mark C" wrote:

New swimmer. Have been using my running watch to count laps, but that

takes
stopping, or at least wrecking your glide. I can't possibly keep a lap
count correctly in my head through a long workout when I'm also counting
stokes, focusing on this or that stroke improvement, etc...

What do you do?

Do you think there's a market for a high-tech device of some sort to do

it
for you?

Mark

Why yes I believe there is market for it. You may want to
check this out.

http://www.kiefer.com/Kiefer/product...False&HSLB=Fal
se&mscssid=E48C4336BE6146F68B45B645174051B2

They also have a cheaper model here. Never used either but have been
tempted. I'm afraid I may be called a techno geek entering teh pool
with the HR monitor and lap counter on though.

~Matt

I have one of those, found it to be impractical.
I end up breaking my laps into counting sets.
Like, I learn that I don't usually forget what lap I'm on until I get past
5.
So a 2000 is 4 sets of 5 laps.

Saturday I swam 1650 Yards in a 25 yard pool. That was 33+3 laps.
So I counted a set of 3 first, then a set of 10, two sets of 5 and another
set of 10.
I don't want to swim those 3 lonely laps at the end. They felt much better
as a warm-up

10 laps can also be broken down into 4,3,2,1 laps. It's easier to keep track
of it that way.
15 laps is 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. 30 laps is that, done 2 times.
6, 5, 4, 3, 2 is 20 laps...

Little counting mental games.

Counting doesn't seem to work for me. I end up paying
attention to my stroke, glide off the wall etc adn forget what lap I'm
on. It's much easier for me to just remeber to click something. I try
to do this with my HR monitor but it's a bit difficult as it takes
both hands.

~Matt