Old August 24th 03, 01:05 PM
Aaron

Default meet report...still learning

"whit" wrote in message

"Aaron" hunt354 at hotmail dot com wrote in message

"John M. Williams" wrote in

message
"whit" wrote:

your deadlift is way disproportional to your bench.

you didn't do a 450 deadlift at 221 lbs bodyweight, but you "smoked"

319
bp, albeit with a shirt

Very unlike you, Whit. Standard lower-body powerlifter thinking. I
realize that powerlifting scoring favors that. But it ignores that
some people have better upper body strength, while others have better
lower body strength.

Look at the record lifts in most powerlifting associations. The best
totals, deadlift, and squat are frequently held by the same person,
but that person almost never has the best bench press.

not nessecarily upper or lower body strength. A good deadlifter will

have
long arms and short legs (which provides an advantage to squat as well).

bencher will have short arms.
THe IPF 52kg record holder (cant remember his name) has squatted 300,
benched 177.5 but struggles getting 140kg deadlift cos hes a dwarf and

the
body structure doesnt allow a decent lift.
Coan is a deadlifter and a squatter, but his bench is comparably lower

(but
not tiny)
--
Aaron

i have short arms, long legs, and am still a better deadlifter than

bencher

whit

you need to bench more then

I have short arms and short legs, and my deadlift sucks. My friend has long
arms and legs, and short torso and can deadlift awsomely, compared to a
sucky bench

what length is your torso (brachiomorphic.dicholiomorphic -sp?)

--
Aaron