Old December 16th 06, 06:21 AM posted to misc.fitness.misc
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Best Cardio Machine for Lower Back Strengthening?

Anything that is back-extending (tension vs. compression) would likely prove
helpful.
The old Versa Climber (sleeping w/ the enemy, Julia Roberts), Covert
Bailey's old Health Rider.
A real stair climber might be better than the other stuff.
My HoloBarre is Da Bomb for back health, but it's not yet available.
Soon, tho.
Dips, hanging by your hands, hanging leg lifts, chinups, inversion, etc are
all good as well.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"Joe Weaks" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking at buying an Elliptical, Treadmill, Bike, Recumbent, or
Climber for Cardio. I'm id decent shape, less than 20 pounds over
ideal.

I have chronic pain around a fused vertebrae in lower back, so want my
choice to also be the one that gives the most benefit as far as lower
back strengthening. (A rower would be too direct/painful.)

Is there a clear choice which of the above makes the right machine? I'm
thinking Elliptical.
Thanks.