Old April 29th 05, 04:59 PM
Runs With Knives

In article ,
(jas) writes:
[snip]

Sets required: 2
Lat pulldown- reps 10, weight 6
Chest Press- reps 10, weight 3
Seated row- reps 10, weight 3
Leg sled- reps 12, weight 9
Shoulder press- reps 10, weight 1
Fit ball situps- reps 15.
Tredmill 30min.

Looks like a "typical" whole-body+aerobics workout, usually done
three times a week.

I am more concerned about the waistline and belly only. I will
eventually get an atheletic torso/flat stomach is what i want most.

The regimen described above should get you there. There is
strength-training to increase (hopefully) lean body mass, aerobic
exercise to work the cardio-vascular system and burn fat, and
abdominal exercises to strengthen/tighten those.

You cannot spot-reduce fat, if that's what you're thinking. You can
tone and strengthen areas with fat build-up, of course, but the fat's
going to come off in the reverse order in which it went on,
regardless of what areas you work out.

[snip]

Any improvements on this in general or other things we ought to
consider?

[snip]

Looks like a fairly comprehensive regimen. Hard to say if the
weights you note are too-little, enough or just right. (Those
numbers don't really mean anything.) Generally, for "toning," you
want 8-12 reps (some say 8-16 reps), two or three sets, controlling
the weights cleanly. If you want to burn the fat off a little more
quickly: After you're in shape, you migh ask your PT whether
high-intensity interval training is for you.

Disclaimer: I'm neither a physical trainer nor health professional.

--
Jim Seymour | "It is wrong always, everywhere and
WARNING: The "From:" address is a | for everyone to believe anything upon