Old April 17th 05, 08:36 PM
Dave P

"Faolan" wrote in message
For the people that may be interested:

http://www.assyntfoundation.co.uk/

Was forwarded to me today, do you want to aid preservation of part of
the Scottish highlands?

Nothing to do with me, just thought it would be useful to flag it up.

They are receiving 2.1 million towards the purchase of the estate already.
The missing 900,000 between 450 families is only 2000 each.

With the right to roam I can see no benefit in it for the visitor. The
benefits seem to be for the purchasers. Not inclined to put in myself.

By the way there's a lovely place near me I'd like to buy but I can't afford
it either. Any one got a few 1000 spare?

Dave