Old July 12th 03, 11:12 PM
Paul Saunders

Default Bulls in fields

"Five Cats" wrote

Incidents are also associated with suckler cows with calves - they
become very protective, and in the sorts of places we go walking (e.g.
uplands) are the kind of animal you are most likely to meet. Give them
a wide, wide berth.

I was once escorted through a farm by a big, nasty looking black cow with
long horns, walking just a few yards away from me, snorting and stamping
it's feet all the way. There was a calf nearby. I just stuck to the path,
kept looking straight ahead and ignored it as best I could. It was at the
end of a very long walk and I was far too knackered to consider a detour.

Paul
--
http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk