Old January 21st 04, 09:31 PM
KRO

Default Scottish Outdoor Access Code

"druidh"
Proposed code is published today. You can read it at
www.snh.org.uk/soac. For those NOT in Scotland - read it and weep!

I've had a swift look through, and I can't help feeling negative towards
this. There's a lot of woolly definitions, old (unused) laws and what
exactly do they mean by "duty of care", when the first (has there been
one?) trial involving this ludicrous concept goes to court it will prove
very interesting indeed. I'll use common sense and take care of myself,
I don't drop litter or frighten animals, I close gates and only climb
fences
at the posts when I've no alternative. Landowners owe me nothing
except access, they owe the wider world a responsibility to be a
decent custodian of the countryside.
I know, in a perfect world eh? :-)

KRO