Old July 7th 04, 05:35 PM
sandy saunders

Default TR:Bolivian Mountains

Nice one.. I got as far as the glacier on the approach to Pequeno
Alpamayo before the altitude got me.

I wasn't too bad with the altitude (sickness that is) but very tiring for
the body. Many times I was going to quit, but was encouraged to continue.

Sorata was a great place to sit quietly with my antibiotics.. Warmer
than Huana Potosi.

Didn't feel that bad on the summit at sunrise. Pretty chilly on the walk
through the night, although that generally was only when stopped for a rest.
Once the sun started to rise in the sky for the return walk to base camp, it
was really quite pleasant.

--
Sandy Saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

"Mountains or Mole Hills ..... reaching the
summit still brings the same excitement"