Old July 10th 03, 12:39 AM
Donal Fagan

Default Front Crawl Technique Question - OK to "shrug" shoulder to reach further

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:58:57 -0400, Steve Freides
wrote:

I notice that, when I'm really reaching far in
front of during front crawl, I can get a little
further reach if I "shrug" my shoulder but I'm
concerned this might be bad for my shoulder.

I have a swim mag around here somewhere that
recommends shrugging the shoulder. I think they
called it the 'shoulder shift'. You should be
able to shrug without the ball leaving the socket,
though.

I'm trying to decide if I've gotten my stiff neck
from a low monitor, from not rolling enough in
Backstroke or from moving my own furniture.

Donal Fagan AIA

(Anglicise the name to reply by e-mail)