Old December 15th 04, 01:02 PM
Syke

"Syke" wrote in message

"spongebob" wrote in message

"Peewiglet" wrote

I've been poring over the map of Scotland, but no sooner to I begin

develop an idea of where I might like to walk than I forget where it
was, because I can't begin to pronounce about 95% of the place

names.

Is it all a malignant plot to keep nesh Southerners out?

How on earth does anyone ever tell anyone else where they've been?

Or
do those in the know just make a few gutteral grunting noises and

make
it up as they go along?

Oh, and if you're REALLY,REALLY interested, try and get hold of "Scottish
Hill and Mountain Names" by Peter Drummond, published by Scottish
Mountaineering Trust, ISBN 0-907521-30-4. It'll probably tell you more than
you want to know but is interesting nevertheless.

Regards

Pat Macguire