Old November 9th 07, 07:40 AM posted to misc.fitness.misc
[email protected]

Default Looking for some encouragement...

So I sat down and wrote up a plan for how I was going to get back in
shape. I listed my strengths and my weaknesses. Under weaknesses I
had my biggest one listed as "ability to rationalize unhealthy
actions". Well part of the exercise was to also come up with a plan
for how I would overcome my weakness. I chose to use one of my
strengths... the strength that I chose to use was my ability to
connect with people on a personal level and to meet commitments to
those people.

So my plan to overcome my biggest weakness is to blog publically about
my daily struggles with getting back in shape and look for
encouragement, support, and accountability from the general health and
fitness internet community out there. So I'm looking for all of you to
help keep me honest on my commitments for getting back in shape and
I'm asking for your help.

Please check out my blog and if it interests you post some comments
and hopefully encouraging words... keep me in check when I fail to do
what I say I'm going to and I know I will succeed with that help!
Thanks in advance.
Josh

Oh, also as a teaser of what I I have to offer here is an excerpt from
today's post:

.....Last week I was watching Evan all-mighty with my family, which is
admittedly a cheesy movie, and I was struck by some of the comments
that -God- (played so well by Morgan Freeman) said:

-Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think
God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be
patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does
he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the
family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy
feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?-

I know it's silly because it's from a movie but I'm really moved by
this quote. I whole heartily.....