Old July 7th 08, 09:01 PM posted to misc.fitness.walking,misc.fitness.aerobic,misc.fitness.misc,uk.rec.walking,rec.running
Steve Freides

Default Treadmill advice needed

wrote in message
Hi,

I am thinking about buying my first treadmill. My family and I are on
a very, very tight budget and we are counting every penny so this is a
huge decision for us and I need some help in deciding which one to
pick.

I am 6 foot 3 (189cm) for 252 pounds (115kgs) and I need to walk for
about 30min on a daily basis to loose weight. The climate where I
live makes outdoor walking impossible most of the year and, besides, I
need to stay at home to watch for the kids. I do not plan to run on
the treadmill, only walk, initially slowly (I am very much out of
shape), but eventually at a brisk pace to get a good aerobic exercise.

I have been initially tempted to buy the NordicTrack C2155 (
http://tinyurl.com/5amgjq )

But the newer NordicTrack A2350 looks even better to me (
http://tinyurl.com/5mfsxs
)

My questions to you a

1) Do NordicTrack treadmills have a good reputation?
2) What do you think of the two models I am considering?
3) Can you think of a better (as in value for the money) deal than
these NordicTrack treadmills?

Many thanks for any pointers!

Mamadu

Google the phrase strength-endurance, and don't settle for just a
treadmill. Google also "ross budget training" and read his web site.
There are a ton of things one can do, at home, for little or no money,
to build both strength and conditioning, and certainly for well less
than the cost of a treadmill of any sort.

My choice would be a kettlebell plus the book "Enter The Kettlebell" by
Pavel Tsatsouline - the combination will cost you about $200 and is
widely available. Or buy yourself a screw-on dumbbell set at the local
mega-mart plus a jump rope - that combination will cost you $50. Or any
of a thousand other things. Just say no to the dishonor of dieting and
aerobics and get stronger _and_ well-conditioned instead - and lose
weight while doing it.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com