Old November 29th 11, 08:35 PM posted to misc.fitness.weights
Jim Janney[_2_]

Default Training Week Ending 27 November 2011

"Existential Angst" writes:

"Jim Janney" wrote in message
"Steve Freides" writes:

How was your Thanksgiving (if you celebrate that), how's your diet, and
how were your workouts this week? Inquiring minds want to know, so out
with it!

Vacation week, no organized training. Swung on the monkey bars with a
six-year-old grand-niece, who was much better at it. Finally found a
leg exercise that my hips seem to like, the dragon walk: walking lunges
with the front foot turned out and the upper body turning from side to
side. Browsed YouTube using the hotel wireless and discovered a new
hero, Farukh Ruzimatov. Ate what was put in front of me, and lived to
write about it.

When you get back to yer 60 sec handstands, and since you are apparently
never going to dip yer elbows sigh, try rocking from side to side, putting
full bodyweight on one arm.

Ahm dyin to try this myself, but I cain't even get up the nerve to do a
regular handstand.... gotta be age, lack of testosterone.... LOL

With practice, one should be able to fully balance on one hand/arm, wihile
up against a wall. Might need a little help, in the beginning. You can
find lotsa youtubies of guys doing these in the middle of a floor. Ossum.
Some pushup off one arm, but I've yet to see a full balanced one-armed
press.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOcMv_dIz6E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWLVm5v0NkU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVcLr3C2ZR0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Z7vHVBkrfEU very ballet-like, a real
studym but no real one-armed pushup attempt. Fascinating study in balance,
center of gravity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TBxV...ture=fvwp&NR=1 performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJk8u...eature=related skinny-minny can
just about break the elbow a degree or two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEPsE5_0qT8

Much more along these lines.

I'm inspired.... I think I'll nap, until it passes.... LOL

I'm on dialup at home, so it takes me a while to see anything on
youtube, but yeah, there are lots of neat tricks out there. Maybe
someday :-)

--
Jim Janney