Old July 28th 03, 09:51 PM
Will

Default YANBPQ (Yet Another n00b Bench Press Question)

In article ,
(Gary) wrote:

Some background...I'm thinking of trying to get on with the local
police unit in their reserve program. Among various entrance
requirements is a fitness requirement consisting of 5 tests, one of
which is a 1-rep bench press (is that the 1RM figure I see on the
group?) at 88% of body weight. I'm looking at about 2 months before
the test. I don't have to pass all the tests and I've been
concentrating on the 1.5 mile run and sit up tests, but I think I'd
like to have a cushion and see what I can do to improve my bench.

Try the routine, and probably more importantly technique adjustments,
described he

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=lqAz9.231%24V
r1.169634%40news20.bellglobal.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DA%2BBench%2BR
outine%2BContributed%2BBy%2BBob%2BMann%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26hl%3Den