Old July 2nd 03, 06:16 PM
Andrew Ross

Default Nordic Track Settings

Greetings. I am a male, 5'8", 180 lbs. My primary aerobic routine is 45
minutes on the nordictrack ski machine before work in the morning. Lately
I've been incorporating running on the weekends. My legs and shoulders
are pretty toned and solid, but my waist has too much flab. I would
prefer to weigh closer to 170 without losing muscle mass.

After a couple of years of using the nordictrack, I've got the settings up
near maximum resistance levels. I have now heard that, with settings that
high, I might not be doing "aerobic" exercise after all, but anaerobic
exercise, and that sustained anaerobic activity isn't healthy and does
more harm than good. How do I know whether what i'm doing is aerobic?

Best,

Andrew Ross
---
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger." --Abbie Hoffman