Old February 21st 05, 10:11 PM
mikem

What is the problem with Smith Machines? The one at my club seems
fairly new and the safety stops are intact.

I've never heard either way about the benefits of Smith Machines. The
attraction for me is that I could do Bench Press & Overhead Press-type
exercizes safely by myself.

Smith machine is the worst possible thing you could do.

Particularly anything that involves the shoulder joint.

Agreed, the shoulder and chest machines are probably better than the
smith machine if they were made in the last couple of decades. Also,
I've seen too many smith machines that have had the adjustable safety
stops removed and as a result go all the way down if you mess up. A
power rack is so so so much better.