Old April 18th 05, 05:26 AM
John Smith

"Tha Woyah" [email protected] .com wrote in
message ...

"Hugh Beyer" wrote in message
6...
"Tha Woyah" [email protected] .com wrote
in :

... by doing at least some cardio or can it be done with calorie
reduction alone? Maybe a better question to ask is what is the absolute
best way to burn fat while maintaining as much hard... and I mean
HARD... earned muscle as possible? I know, I know, this must be the very
first time this has been discussed here.

You need to do cardio to mobilize that stubborn fat.

Mobilize it?

No idea what mobilizing fat means (unless it refers to taking your
fat for a jog). But calorie reduction alone will get rid of fat, but it
will also reduce your muscle (which you can slow but not stop
by lifting while you diet). For most people (ie not into a specific
sport or body building), the best approach is a combination of
all three...lifting, cardio and intelligent dieting. If you absolutely
don't want to lose muscle while you lose fat, you're going to have
to go for a slow reduction, where your calorie deficit is just
under maintenance, so your body doesn't canabalize your
muscles.

-JS2