Old July 10th 03, 03:26 PM
Jack

Default heart rate recovery

Thank you teacher;-)
Love your organization - a work of art

"Petzl" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:24:02 +0000 (UTC), "Jack"
wrote:

Hi
I'm a skinny (8.5 stone = 119 pounds) 53 yr old male (just to set he

scene)
My resting pulse is about 70bpm
I did some cycling exercise for 45 minuets today, averaging 143 beats per
minute
An hour later after I had stopped the exercise, my heart rate was still

85
bpm

Would you say this is normal?

This is the first time I've checked my heart rate an hour after the

event -
I think I'll always try to do this in the future in order to get a true
picture of the health of my heart.

Thanks

resting heart rate is taken/measured lying flat on your back in bed

Recovery heart rate is when your heart rate reaches a "peak" after an
exercise routine and the" time" it takes to get down to a rest rate

By measuring you heart rate just before you finnish your routine at a
high HR (not max) then measure it exactly 15 minutes later and record
(you adjust the time for you and advice varies)

The quicker your heart drops to normal the fitter you are becoming

Key word in google search is "Recovery Heart Rate"
http://www.google.com/search?q="Recovery+Heart+Rate"

Petzl
--
LET'S LOOK OUT FOR AUSTRALIA