Old December 14th 04, 07:09 AM

"David Cohen" wrote in message
. net...

"David" wrote
"David Cohen" wrote
"David" wrote
"David Cohen" wrote
"David" wrote
"John M. Williams" wrote
"David" wrote:
wrote:
Greetings

I realize this is a weights group and hope this post may not

be
too

[......]

I know inverted crunches are safe - I'm saying you can't do them with

the
standard bed where you are clamped by your ankles.

No, you said "plus you can exercise in a safe way with legs bent". And

you
can...I do...clamped by the ankles.

With the Bioflex type
machine you can do them and also bent legged back extensions. MUCH

more
versatile.

Plus in my opinion, to sign your name this way indicates full

nversion -
because you seem to prefer the non effectual beds, suggest sign this
way

I never said anything of the sort. This may be an miscommunication
between
Unitedstatesofamericanish and Australianish. I have, as does John, I
believe, a non-motorized tilt table that allows any degree of

inversion:

d i v a D d d
i i
v v
a a
D D

And I do the crunches totally inverted, free hanging by my ankles.

(Not having had the benefit of 47 years experience as a paramedic, I

would
be at a disadvantage here) - I assume that you are speaking of the
inversion
table/bed that has been around for 25 years - (the ankle clamp type) -

know it would be technically possible to do crunches or even to hang in
the
fully inverted position - however this is not considered safe because

of
the constriction of circulation because all your body weight is on that
one
joint.

No such thang! Perfectly safe, relatively comfortable.

The ones sold here have a 'caution' in the instructions not to tilt
over 45 deg

Wuss Aussies. No wonder Steve Irwin wants to move to Las Vegas.

http://www.geocities.com/sammiesdad/inversion.jpg

David

Ha ha! your jpeg proves now beyond any doubt what I have always believed . .
..
you are certifiably CRAZY!!