Old October 11th 03, 12:52 AM
Wayne S. Hill

Default Question about Squats

Lyle McDonald wrote:

I vaguely recall a claim of more like 60-70% but I owuldn't
swaer to it.

I've found 60% works pretty well for scaling (e.g., estimating XRM
from YRM).

But it sort of doesn't matter (wrt: the origina
question). Unless bodymass is changing drastically, the
biggest variance will come from how much weight you're
adding. Convention is to ignore bodyweight and just
record/track the additional weight (DB or BB) that you are
using.

Well, the useful lesson for Rita is that since she's already
squatting something like 108, as a newbie she'll probably be able
to add weight quickly. Once she gets to an added 45 lbs, it's
time for an Oly bar.

--
-Wayne