Old December 15th 04, 02:08 AM
BeauGeste

Peewiglet wrote:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:01:51 GMT, "Sandy Birrell"
wrote:

[...]
Knowing how much you like to shop, these might help

http://www.hillwalker.org.uk/Products/Hillwalker/Munros/4/Reviews%20by%20Professionals/TM4%20Montagnes%20et%20Collines(in%20English).htm

Kewl, thanks!

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

ok I'm drunk now, after the office christmas dinner but...

1. Ignore Ralph Storer! Before I became a munro-bagger I followed his
routes and climbed the middle 2 peaks of the South Shiel Ridge. Middle
two? What use was that!! Any decent guide would have told you to get
off your bum and do the whole ridge, 7 munros and all. Which I did
several years later, feeling aggrieved that I was having to repeat a
couple because of Ralph Storer.

2. I hate the use of the word 'kewl'! Please bring back flogging for
all who should know better...

3. Finally, more to the point, I just try and pronounce the Scottish
hills in English. So when I've taken a pic on my digital I press the
record button and say 'This is me at the top of 'Sgoor Fuooar Fuill'
(Sgurr Fhuar-thuill). Totally mispronounced, of course, but what the
hell, eh. As long as it means something to you.