Old July 14th 03, 02:50 PM
Phil Cook

Default Bulls in fields

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:15:48 +0100, Hywel & Ros wrote:

By the way, a friend of mine from a farming background tells me tha bulls
stand side-on if they want to threaten you. The message being "look at how
big I am and you don't want to mess with me" which of course you don't.

I was wondering when somebody was going to offer this nugget of information. I
once had reason to remember and act upon it when walking the Saxon Shore Way.
Somewhere in the North Kent Marshes I came across a Charolais bull with his
hareem. They were in the corner of the field where the stile over the fence was,
when the bull wandered to the edge of the herd and purposefully stood looking at
me side on. I did a quick check of the map and hopped over a nearby gate to take
an alternative route.